Thursday, December 8, 2016

Another Set of Snuggle Paws Down!

Having another commission come in was really good this month.  I knocked out another pair of snuggle paw warmers in almost no time.  That's the great thing about a pattern I know by heart, it takes almost nothing to whip out a pair.

These snuggle paws were done in a yarn I wouldn't have typically picked.  I don't tend to go with variegated yarns for my projects.  I tend to find they're too loud for most gloves.  It makes them very loud and kind of drowns out the beautiful pattern, but it wasn't my call, so these are the gloves we ended up with.

The color pooling definitely had an interesting effect on the gloves.  I expected to see something pretty much striped throughout.  Instead the colors pooled, making it appear almost as though I did some kind of color work instead of just letting the yarn do it's thing.

Even the little heart (something that's becoming a signature bit) turned showed off the interesting way the yarn played.  It's not as serious of a striping as the gloves, but crochet often gives a very different effect.  It works up in thicker sections, using the yarn up differently.  I think it's got a lovely effect in crochet.  It's a really interesting yarn.  I've got an extra ball, so I'm thinking I might look into crocheting something up, both because I like the way it plays, but also because I really like the idea of learning to crochet better!

No comments:

Post a Comment