Sunday, December 5, 2010

The Dreads Are Done!!!

It took hours and hours of felting, to the point at which I wanted to shoot someone, or never look at a piece of wool to felt again.  I didn't even finish them all before starting to put them in my hair, which was probably a good thing, because otherwise I never would have gotten those dreads in my hair!  I would have been at it forever!

After that it was three days of having my hair yanked on, pulled, tugged, and brought to order.  Bobby pins were rammed into my scalp in an attempt to get the non-sectioned hair to stay put.  There was a bit of a conversation about my bangs, which I think came out decently cute.  Even so, I was tempted to never have my hair done again!  I swear, I can't wait for these dreads to finally grow into something more....dread like?

In the end I've got 95 new dread babies in my hair!  They're all extensions, but over time they'll start to dread up on their own under the extensions.  I know it can take a year for dreads to actually start growing and gaining length.  I'm going to have to get myself a nice little crochet hook to pull in all the little loose bits that try to escape.  Even so, I'm pretty satisfied with the end result.

The only down side to wool dreads is the cling factor.  When wearing jackets and the like, my hair tends to stick to me more than anything else, making it a bit rough to turn my head.  I'm sure I'll get used to it, but until then, I think I'm going to look forward to putting my hair up all the time.  I'm already liking the ease at which I can pull my hair up and use my own hair to tie it up out of my way!  It looks really cute!  I can't wait to see how it's going to start looking as it grows out!

No comments:

Post a Comment