Sunday, July 17, 2016

Finally Finished Another Pair

It's been a few months, but I'm back in the game.  I'm knitting like crazy and getting things done.  I've got a few in the works that have thoroughly been ignored, but I'm getting back on my knitting game.  I don't know what it is about heading into the end of summer.  It always makes me more productive and want to knit!  Maybe it's because I know the cold months are coming.

So what have I been working on?  I spent a lot of time working on the gloves I made from the yarn I got with my mom at the fiber festival at the farmer's market.  I had no idea there was even going to be a fiber festival that weekend, so I'm glad she was there to enjoy it too.  I'm now making socks for my sister and my mom out of some fantastic yarn I got there, but more on that later.  In the mean time, I'm so happy with the way these gloves look.  I adore the yarn.  It's so incredibly soft and the color is such a perfect denim color.  That makes me so happy.  Because of the color, I can easily wear these with so much of my wardrobe come fall, and it will look perfectly in place.  They match the only pair of jeans I seem to still have which is even better.  I've got a real thing for when my clothing coordinates like that.  It just makes me so incredibly happy.  The color, the texture, everything is just perfect for my wardrobe.  They were so soft and nice to work up in my hands on top of everything else that I just couldn't wait to have them in my hands.  At the same time, I was so sad because I was done knitting them and there was nothing left to do!  Favorite project ever!

These gloves have been a huge source of happiness for me.  Not only do they show off the pattern I absolutely love to make, but they're perfectly gushy and the color is amazing.  They're something that has me excited for cool weather to hit because they're so perfectly beautiful.  I can't wait to see them in practical, daily use along with my other cool weather gear.  Because of the fit, I could probably get away with wearing a light pair of gloves under them for added warmth when the weather gets really cold too.  My last pair were somehow a little too snug for that, and being a pretty spiced pumpkin orange, that really didn't go with everything quite so well as these.  At the end of it all, I think these ones will be so much more practical and will carry me through the weather quite well.  These are something that will do me well through school too, since I can wear them in class while taking notes.  That's going to make all the difference because some of those classrooms can be so cold.  The building isn't fantastically insulated so the place has cold spots and warm spots everywhere.  I like to sit by the windows, so that means I get all the draft.

Of course, I can't keep from taking artsy pictures of my projects.  There's something about knitting in sunlight that always appeals to me, especially where there are interesting shadows.  This kind of brings my hobbies together.  Photography and knitting go well together.  Now if only I could make photography, knitting, and cooking or music together, but it's not easy to play music or cook while knitting.  In the case of cooking, that could get quite messy.  In the case of music, I could definitely get tangled pretty easily.  Guitar and knitting at the same time would require four hands and I'm not that kind of special mutant.

I love the way this is bringing things in my life together.  This is bringing people in my life together as a crafter friend of mine has asked me to make her a pair.  Now I've gotten her into knitting too!  We've been knitting together this weekend.  To think all of this is coming about because I happened to make a pattern that now everyone loves!  I'm so excited to see what comes of all of this in the end.  Maybe I need to see about starting a fiber guild at school.  That would be fun!  Okay, maybe not, but the idea is lovely either way.  At least for now I have my own little crafting community.

No comments:

Post a Comment