Friday, September 1, 2017

Intarsia

Well, this is it.  I've finally hit the color work portion of the poncho.  I've gone from working both sides at once to working on only the right side to start with.  I'll finish that and then pick up the left side and finish that.  It feels good to be in the home stretch on this project.  It won't be long before it's done.  I'll undoubtedly need something new to knit at that point.


The color work is actually very simple.  It's just adding large blocks of color that descend in a stair-step kind of order.  Each color is added on in sequence, never working with more than the main color and two contrast colors at a time.  It doesn't seem like a lot of rows to work through so this should work up pretty quickly.  I'm excited to see how this looks in the end.  So far it's looking pretty good!

Unfortunately, this means I've almost worked through the end of yet another project.  I do have one more project to pick up in it's wake, but it involves using the needles I'm using for the Hue Shift Afghan, so I'm not sure I'll be able to juggle those two projects.  It looks like it may just be time to make another order!

No comments:

Post a Comment