Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Cruising through Another Shawl

I'm starting to wonder if perhaps this should have been my first full sized shawl.  This one is so much easier.  The pattern is easy to memorize, so row after row I'm able to cruise through without too many corrections or looking back for more information.  It's quick and easy.

I'm already loving this shawl.  Soft alpaca circles the neck and shoulder area at the top, so the section that would contact the skin in a tank top or camisole will be nice and soft.  Then from there it blends into the tonal, which...I'll be honest, I'm not in love with.  I'm not much of one for variegated yarns, so the color changes really don't suit me well.  It creates this strange striping image to it and I'm not much of a fan of the way it looks.  Of course, everyone else likes it, so I suppose I shouldn't complain too much.

If I keep up at this rate this shawl is going to be done in no time.  I guess that's a good thing where my Christmas knitting is concerned.  I've got a lot of work to do between now and then, and that's assuming I'm just knitting for the immediate family!

This shawl has really gotten me thinking about how much I love shawl knitting.  I'm trying to come up with excuses on why I need a new shawl.  I need something in a different color.  I need it in a different weight.  There's a million reasons why I need another shawl.  I mean, I could have one to go with every outfit and every occasion, right?  Now if only I had the resources to make that many shawls!

No comments:

Post a Comment