Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Better Late than Never? Swap Package

I had meant to post pictures of my wonderful package from my new swap partner in the Swap for All Seasons on Ravelry.  For those of you who knit, spin, or crochet and don't know about Ravelry, you're really missing out.  For those of you who have never done a swap, you're doubly missing out!  Swaps are awesome!

Anyhow, I got this wonderful summer package from my new swap partner.  My old swap partner had to drop out of the swap, much sadness, but I've now got a new one who is positively wonderful.  Here's what she sent me for the summer swap, though I received it a decent bit back.  I've just been so crazy busy!


I haven't had a chance to try out the yarn yet, but I'm looking forward to it.  I don't know if I want to make a pair of crazy striped socks for me, or if I want to make some funky socks for the baby.  I love the colors and the great amount of variety.  The earth toned yarn is in a colorway called "Fairy".  I adore it!  The name suits me too.  I'm looking forward to trying out the stitch markers, and the bag has now become my project keeper for that endless clapotis!

While I was unsure about the book at first, I'm quite surprised by how interesting it's turned out to be!  It takes place in Africa in the 1960s.  I'm not very far into it yet due to my lack of time to read these days, but I love the way the stories are all blended together.  It gives me a rich feel for the place and culture, something I don't think I would ever much have a chance to experience.  I can't wait to finish it!  It's a wonderful blend of history, culture, and characters.  Definitely, if you've got some time and interest, check out Half a Yellow Sun
by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie.

I'm really loving this whole swap idea.  I've got a chance to play with yarn I'd never have a chance to find before.  I've gotten a beautifully written book that I never would have looked at otherwise.  It's a good thing too.  I'm thinking about looking into some of her other works.  It's a chance to experience so much I never would have before, and to make friends with people I never would have known!

No comments:

Post a Comment