Friday, September 3, 2010

Finishing Projects

Some days I feel like I'm buried in projects.  I've got more things started than I could ever possibly finish.  I keep getting on myself that I need to finish them all, to catch up so that I can start a new project (or ten)!  I've got so many great ideas on what I want to do, but not enough time to finish them all.

This is kind of how I am.  I'm not a fast knitter, but I'm not slow either.  I wish I had more time in the day to dedicate to knitting.  How wonderful it would be to have the time other knitters seem to have, or maybe just the dedication.  I would have needles in my hands at all times and so much would get accomplished!

I guess I'm not terribly dedicated because I just don't have the time for that.  So much of my day is spent on physical fitness, homeschooling, doing chores, keeping my website updated, and so much else.  I'm a busy person, and not all of what I do is conducive to having some knitting time.  I don't have as much free time as I used to, and I don't do as many "time wasting" activities, like watching television, where I can just pick up the needles and knit.  I actually spend most of my day doing productive and quite active things.

As a result, I feel like I'm slacking as a knitter.  I wish I could get my projects done in a more timely manner instead of months and months from when I started it.  It's sad, but at the same time, I've always got some project waiting in the wings.  I know it will always be there, waiting for me to have the time to pick it up and do a few rows.  I'll always have a project to drag along with me when I know I'll be doing a lot of sitting, though often times I opt for my book.  And, better yet, I know I'm not working through projects faster than I can afford to start up new ones.  I may not be the greatest at keeping things finished, but at least my nice, steady pace works for me right now.

Still, that doesn't stop me from wishing I had something to show off for all my efforts...

No comments:

Post a Comment