Sunday, October 17, 2010

Crafty, but not?

I've just spent a good deal of time not really crafting.  I know, it's shocking.  With a shawl to be finished, longies to be made, and everything else, one would think I'd be knitting like crazy at the very least, but no, not a single craft has been undertaken.

What have I been doing with my time then?  Braiding my hair.  I've been adding bunches of tiny braids to my hair.  Why?  Because I've been using this as a set up preparation for trying dreads.  I know you can't dread braids, but there's no reason why I can't use braids to start dreads, or more appropriate to me, use them to decide whether or not I'll even be able to tolerate dreads.

All of this has gotten me on another crafty project.  I'm going to make my own dread extensions!  Because I'm the kind of girl I am, synthetics just won't do.  I'm not much for synthetic hair.  I hate the way it feels and I'm not terribly partial to the way it looks.  Instead I'm going to make myself some wool dread extensions.  I've got plenty of roving from a spinning project I never dared to try, so I'll have plenty to work with.  Now I just need to get off my butt and do it!

So pictures will be following, but all the braiding is done, so that's about as far as I'm going right now.  I need a break from it all!  So, now, back to your regularly scheduled knitting...

No comments:

Post a Comment