Monday, October 18, 2010

Digging Up Old Projects

I've come to realize I'm neglecting some of my other crafty loves.  In specific, I haven't really made any dance costumes in what seems like forever.  I know part of that is simply because I haven't had the money.  Dance costumes aren't always inexpensive to make and I don't have quite the stash of supplies for that as I do for knitting.  My yarn stash is enough to keep me going for quite some time.  If I can spare enough change to order some new needles in the sizes I want now and again, I know I'll be fine.  Dance isn't quite so easy.

I used to make beautiful hair pieces.  The last ones that I made were for a Gothic costume for Halloween last year.  It's almost been a year.  I hate that it's been so long.  I love my beautiful hair gardens.  They're such an elegant piece to add to my costume, and so big and dramatic.  It really helps to create a solid feel.  Without them, I seem so much more plain.

These projects are so simple, but the cost is something that's holding me back right now.  I hate to say it, but I think the whole economy turning down has disappointed me more than anything else because of it.  I love my gorgeous hair pieces and wish I could make some more.  At that, I wish I could make a costume to go with every color of hair piece I wanted to make!  And veils to match would be a nice touch!

I guess I'm just going to have to wait until I can start selling hair pieces at events or online.  I don't really want to be a vendor, but it seems like it's all I can do to keep my love of beautiful hair gardens alive.  Maybe it will turn into a hobby that will pay for itself some day.  One can only hope...

No comments:

Post a Comment