Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Wait? There's Stuff on These Needles?

What was I doing?  Oh, yeah, that's right, I was knitting, crafting, and all that other good stuff.  Life has been crazy and chaotic lately, and I know I've been slacking off way too much.  I haven't finished my shawl or those longies yet and it's already November!

Well, in a way, I kind of get why.  I've kind of lost interest in knitting the longies.  They're a great pattern and all, but I think I've possibly discovered an unmentioned problem plaguing knitters (or maybe just me), the dreaded "second leg syndrome"!  I suppose the same could be said for sleeves.  I've knit through the slog of one leg, which really wasn't that bad, but it's long rounds of the same straight knitting, with decreases so many rows to keep it interesting.  I'm kind of over that.

I guess I've kind of felt the same about the shawl.  Now, don't get me wrong, I love that shawl.  More than love, I adore that shawl.  It's the most beautiful thing to ever be worked up on my needles.  It's my favorite piece of knitting ever!  And the pattern, what a stroke of genius!  Well, in my limited knitting experience at least...  Unfortunately, endless repeats of that falling leaves pattern may just equate to insanity.  That and there's a small problem with the needles, so I'm waiting for replacements from Knit Picks, because they are that awesome.  Anyhow, I'm down to the last dreaded repeat of that bloody falling leaves pattern.  I'll be on to the next one soon, the snowflake pattern or whatever it's called, and I'll never have to look at that falling leaves pattern again!  I guess I just kind of needed a break.

Then there's everything else going on in my life.  I don't really feel like getting into that whole mess.  Let's just leave it to simply I don't have a moment to myself and everything hurts, blah.  It's made knitting time rather hard to come by.  I haven't had much time to get anything done.

However, crafting time is here again!  I'm going to get back into my knitting.  My roving arrived, so I can make my dreads!  That means I'm hopefully going to have some great pictures of progress (and hopefully a couple finished objects!) soon.  I can't wait!

For now, it's off to those longies.  The weather's getting cold and while I would love a nice warm shawl to keep me cozy, my baby comes first.  Some nice wool longies and a new hat seem to be just what the doctor ordered...  Now let's see if I can break my procrastination long enough to get something done!

No comments:

Post a Comment