Saturday, November 20, 2010

The Dreads in Progress

Well, I got the roving.  I eventually got myself some ribbon.  I got myself settled in, and decided to make some progress.  Let me tell you, these dreads take a long time to make!

So, here's where I stand for step one.  It took a minor eternity to pull off all the roving in pieces the right side.  It took just as long to cut all that blasted ribbon!  I swear, it was going to take me forever to separate it all and get it all ready to be dreaded!  I carefully attached each dread to the ribbon, and expect things to go quickly after that's done.  Well, as quickly as felting can possibly go.  I was smart enough not to just toss them all in a bucket of water as I went.  I have a feeling I'd be at it for way too long of a sitting if I decide to do it all at once, so I'm going to do it a little bit at a time, when I'm feeling inspired.  Here's hoping that it all gets done quickly!  I want my dreadies for my hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment