Thursday, November 18, 2010

My Wonderful Fall Swap Package

So, this is swap #3 of the Swap for All Seasons 2010.  For those of you in the know, my swap partner changed during the midsummer swap.  Since then, I've been getting to know this new partner who does a lot of traveling (I'm so jealous!) has a wonderful job, and a wonderful family.  It's been a little challenging to stay in touch because she's so busy, but it's always interesting to hear about all the things she's done and where she's been off to!  I have to say, this swap is a lot of fun!

One thing I do have to say about my partner is she's got an interesting sense of color and concept.  While most people would put together a fall package using only classic fall colors, my wonderful partner didn't.  I got a lot of beautiful and bright colors from her!  While a part of me was a little sad not to get the autumnal colors you expect this time of year, every time I look at those brilliant and gorgeous colors I can't help but think how incredibly perfect they are.  It's everything I can do not to pull out some needles and a pattern and cast on that beautiful yarn!  I know I can get this yarn locally, but they're beautiful colors I haven't seen locally!  I'm trying to picture how those colors are going to fall together even now...  It's quite a distraction from writing.  Maybe I should put my yarn away, and the ribbon and beautiful feathers too...they're tempting me to make something!

My swap partner also had a wonderful idea.  She put some beautiful peacock feathers in the box with some pretty, bright ribbon with the idea that I could use it for a hair piece or something!  Isn't that perfect timing?  With the dreads going in my hair, I'll need some new hair pieces (or...more accurately, that's an excuse to make some more!) so I'll need the supplies.  I've already got some fun ideas of what I can do with it all!

Finally, there's some really cute Halloween buttons and some fitting ribbon to match.  I've never much known what to do with novelty buttons, but I used to have quite a collection of them.  I really do miss my button collection!  On top of that, I'm sure they'd make some really cute accents to some Halloween knits for the kids!  I can totally see the large pumpkin buttons on a sweater!

All I have to say is, thank you!  This package is totally perfect, and definitely not what I had expected!  I love the incorporation of non-classic fall colors into the mix!  It's something that won't make me feel even more homesick, which is a plus.  Better still, those are the colors I always used to gravitate towards in high school.  Better still, they'll look rocking in contrast to my dreads!  I love that yarn!  Can you tell?  And the vibrant ribbon?  Wonderful!  Better still, the colors are just the right thing to pick me up when I'm feeling like home is so far away.  They're bright (but not so bright I wouldn't wear them) and cheerful.  I needed a little bit of light in my fall.  With that yarn, I'll be able to knit something that will be the perfect color for me all year round.  This whole package was just perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment