Friday, November 12, 2010

The Paw Warmers

I've been reviving a lot of projects from the past.  I guess that's a sign that I really haven't been doing much lately.  What can I say, I've been a slacker.  In this case, it's a project from the past that actually needs to be finished.  I know that's a rarity for me.  Often times things get cast aside and fall into the void, only to be forgotten.  I know it's wrong of me to disrespect my knitting in this way, but I can't help it.  Temptation for something new is always too strong.

Some time last year I agreed to make Oz some mittens.  I had ordered the yarn and everything to do it.  I even started making them.  I just didn't ever get to finishing them.  You see, there was a problem.  The yarn was black, and the pattern called for slipping the needle back through half the stitches across the back of the hand in order to knit on the mitten portion.  The lighting was never very good all winter, especially not inside the house.  It wasn't warm enough to go outside to knit, so...well...they were forgotten...

Over the summer, I, of course, got sidetracked with other projects, and a complete lack of knitting as well.  I didn't really have time to work on them.  Besides, I couldn't find where I packed them in the move.  I had all these excuses, but that didn't change the fact that they weren't done.

Now the weather's turning cold again.  I've been begged for the nice, warm convertible mittens to be knit up and completed.  The sun is bright enough to make picking up those stitches possible.  I have no excuses and I'm going to get it done!  Well...after the shawl...and the longies...and the...well...shiny new things that will taunt me along the way....  Okay, let's be realistic.  They work for now, doesn't that count for something?

No comments:

Post a Comment