Friday, November 26, 2010

Motivation Has Struck!

You know how I was saying I was never going to get the dreads done?  That the felting was taking forever?  That it seemed like the project that just wouldn't die?  I don't know if I ever wrote the statement that I was hating the idea of all the time required to put them in my hair and everything else.  All in all, I was so done with this project.  It was just too much work, too much effort, and too much time.  Who needed that kind of a project anyway.  I had to admit it.  If I wanted dreads in my hair, it might have been quicker just to dread my hair and forget the wool extensions.

Well, I was wrong.  In just one day I managed to knock out thirty of these things, one right after the other.  I was able to plow through them all in no time!  I was quite impressed about how fast everything flew through.  I was half expecting to really have to work at it, that it would take six million years, and that I'd never want to felt anything again, and then the inspiration just struck.  I don't know what it was, but the dreads were rolling out like crazy, like nothing!  I could knock out ten of them in a half hour!  That's so much more impressive than the ten in an hour I was working at before.  Instead of having to bribe myself with "just one more and I can", I found I was able to dive into it with "if I just do one more, I'll have!"  Each dread was one step closer to being done and having these dreads up and in my hair!  If I didn't have to have the last of them soak for a while, I probably would have plowed through them all in one night!  I'm almost there!

On final count there will be 132 dreads.  There are a whopping twenty left to do, and I'm sure those will go up in no time once they're soaked and ready.  It's not as many as I originally wanted, but I'm not doing my bangs, so I'm sure it will work out to be okay.  That means I'm almost done!  Twenty more and they'll all be done!  Then I just have to put them all in my hair.  They're all soaking in the bucket and ready to go.  It's almost go time for these things!  We're almost done!  I'm so excited!  Now the only remaining question is how to get them in my hair...and who to recruit to help put them all in!  132 dreads is a lot of dreads!

No comments:

Post a Comment